Our Local Safeguarding Representative is Tom Moore. His phone number is available in the sacristy
Monaleen Parish Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy:
The protection of our children from abuse is paramount. For a long time this has
been to the forefront in all child-related activities in our church and in
our school extra-curricular activities. In recent years steps have been
taken to formalize the measures by which this protection is achieved. The
policies, procedures and practices for safeguarding children in Monaleen
Parish are implemented in conformance with the Diocese of Limerick
Safeguarding Children Policy Statement.
This policy statement is as follows:
The Limerick Diocese values and encourages the participation of children in
the life of the Church and is committed to practice which protects children
from harm and abuse. Staff, volunteers, clergy and religious in this Diocese
accept and recognise our responsibilities to develop awareness of the
issues which cause children harm. We will endeavour to safeguard children
- Adopting Child Protection Guidelines including Health & Safety, Elements
of Good Practice, and Code of Behaviour for staff and volunteers.
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice with
children, parents, staff, volunteers, clergy and religious.
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and
involving parents and children appropriately.
- Following carefully the procedures for Recruiting, Training and Managing
staff and volunteers, clergy and religious.
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through
supervision, support and training.
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and good practice procedures
on an annual basis.
The full extent of the Limerick Child Protection Policy Procedure and
Practices, as well as all related documents are available at
Limerick Safeguarding and Child Protection contact information:
Anyone with a child protection concern may contact:
- An Garda Síochána, Henry St. Limerick 061-21 24 00;
- HSE, Ballycummin Ave, Raheen Business Park, Limerick 061-48 27 92 (Office
- Diocesan Designated Person, Mr Ger Crowley 087-32 33 564 (Dedicated
Mobile) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal correspondence: Ger Crowley Safeguarding Children Service,
Limerick Diocesan Office, Social Service Centre, Henry Street, Limerick.